The Aegir team is proud to announce the eighth release in the stable 3.x branch!
This release ships with a security fix and a number of bug fixes and UI improvements.
With this release we also introduce a number of new tools to the ecosystem:
- Semi-official Docker Images: hub.docker.com/r/aegir/hostmaster - Use these images to launch Aegir in minutes. Use the included Docker-compose files to launch a cluster of containers.
- Aegir Development Environment on Docker: github.com/aegir-project/development - Run one script to prepare all git repositories and launch Aegir on Docker.
- Behat Tests: github.com/aegir-project/tests New behavioural testing will ensure expected functionality from a user's perspective. Includes common scripts for Travis-CI, and tools to allow the same tests suite to run on all repositories.
- GitHub Repositories: Hosting, Provision, and Hostmaster now have mirrors on GitHub.com. This allows us to integrate with Travis and other services, and allows the community to submit changes in the form of Pull Requests. Each pull request will be tested automatically using the Behat tests and Docker containers. This will enable much more rapid development as we progress through the major changes expected to come in Aegir 4.x.
- Travis-CI.org Testing: Extra testing is now automated by Travis CI, the table below can from now on be found on our GitHub tests repository where we intend to further implements these tests.
|Hostmaster||Drupal Install Profile||drupal.org/project/hostmaster
|Dockerfiles||Docker image definitions. Used for all tests.||github.com/aegir-project/dockerfiles
|Tests||Behat tests and Travis tools||github.com/aegir-project/tests|
|Development Environment||Local docker-based development environment.||github.com/aegir-project/development|
Drush install from Debian package
We now follow the recommended Drush install procedure again, and use the latest published .phar by default. However, we do make alternative Drush versions available. To install the lastest Drush 6 from composer (as we did prior to Aegir 3.3), you can run the following before installing or upgrading the packages:
# echo aegir3-provision aegir/drush_version string 6.x | debconf-set-selections
Likewise, to use the latest dev build of Drush (not recommended), you could run:
# echo aegir3-provision aegir/drush_version string unstable | debconf-set-selections
Or to ignore Drush during upgrades of the debian package:
# echo aegir3-provision aegir/drush_version string ignore | debconf-set-selections
We are considering packaging Drush separately again:
Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is
It is still imperative that you read the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade.
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://docs.aegirproject.org/en/3.x/community
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
Changes to Hostmaster since 7.x-3.6
- Merge remote-tracking branch 'github/node-access-rebuild' into 7.x-3.x meta
- Merge branch 'travis-support' of github.com:aegir-project/hostmaster into travis-support
- #2754657 by helmo: Reported installs for the hostmaster project is not 3
Changes to Hosting since 7.x-3.6
- Cleanup remaining D7 upgrade issue in node_access hooks.
- #2763509 by bgm: Deprecate hosting_context_node_types()
- Merge pull request #1 from aegir-project/travis-yml
- #2069431 by helmo: Do not show SSL form when SSL is not enabled on any server
- code style
- #1405904 by steven-jones: Add optional HOSTING_QUEUE_TYPE_SPREAD
- #2212149 by jon-pugh: Improve task queue AJAX refresh
- #2779193 by jon-pugh: node/add/site?platform=123 doesn't default to platform 123 if it doesn't have Standard profile
- #2739011 by steven-jones: AJAX task log never stops loading more
- Fixes #2771687: Respect modules' required parameter.
- #2765479: Notices after disabling module with extra tasks
- #2714049 by steven-jones: Pre-commit code style improvements
- #2730603 by clemens.tolboom, steven-jones: Implement hook_entity_property_info
- #2714561 by jon-pugh, helmo: Add "name" property to HostingService classes to allow for human readable service selection
- #2474801: Partial Revert: Task cancellation broken - restore function
Changes to Provision since 7.x-3.6
- #2738987 by millenniumtree, memtkmcc: Nginx unknown directive etag
- Adding .travis.yml to provision repository (meta)
- #2774487 by helmo: Enable using bz2 for backup files
- Revert "Issue #1694792 by helmo: Allow provision-deploy to move a site to a platform with different module paths"
- #1694792 by helmo: Allow provision-deploy to move a site to a platform with different module paths
- #2764111 by helmo, thomas-bosviel: Support for utf8mb4
- #2738983 by memtkmcc: Nginx unknown status variable
- #2764111 by helmo, thomas-bosviel: Support for utf8mb4 - extra check
- #2769587 by colan: Check for PHP 7 FPM sockets as well as in PHP 5.
- #2768725 by memtkmcc, colan: Started blocking httpoxy attacks.
- Add debian repo to vagrant file
Changes to Eldir since 7.x-3.5
Changes to hosting_civicrm since 7.x-3.5
- #2702365: Do not allow access to civicrm/custom directory.
- #2706879 by helmo: Add mandatory parameter to _civicrm_install_db()
Changes to Hosting Git since 7.x-3.5
Changes to hosting_remote_import since 7.x-3.1
- #2538788 by kienan: Fix Aegir2 support for older versions of Drush.
- #2538788 by gboudrias-and-ergonlogic: Allow imports from both Aegir 2 and 3 remotes.
Changes to Hosting Site Backup Manager since 7.x-3.5
Changes to Aegir Hosting Tasks Extra since 7.x-3.5
- Debian upgrade error 3.4 to 3.5 when hosting_git is enabled, see #2729891
- Workaround: Disable hosting_git beforehand.
- Provision (Jessie installs): #2347557: systemd service file not enabled by default
- When upgrading from Aegir 2.x be aware of these notes
Our combined issue queues