The Aegir team is proud to announce a new release in the stable 3.x branch!
This release ships with a number of bug fixes and UI improvements.
- Our Jenkins CI server is aging and we're working on alternatives.
- We now have added a Bitcoin address to our donations page.
- We are considering moving our Debian repository to a new host, see #2817199 for more info.
- The table below is a bit mixed in colors... Some of the tests on Travis are failing on a sudo issue, help in figuring this out is very welcome.
|Hostmaster||Drupal Install Profile||drupal.org/project/hostmaster
|Dockerfiles||Docker image definitions. Used for all tests.||github.com/aegir-project/dockerfiles
|Tests||Behat tests and Travis tools||github.com/aegir-project/tests|
|Development Environment||Local docker-based development environment.||github.com/aegir-project/development|
Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is
Within those sections you'll find step-by-step instructions for performing both manual and automatic upgrade processes.
It is still imperative that you read the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade.
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://docs.aegirproject.org/en/3.x/community
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
Changes to Hostmaster since 7.x-3.9
- #2841435: Update contribs: views_bulk_operations and views
Changes to Hosting since 7.x-3.9
- #2821401 by neograph734, helmo, memtkmcc: Clients can select unavailable platforms during site creation
- #2854498 by memtkmcc: Platform path is not sanitized as expected
- #2853150 by renatog: Delete variables when uninstalled
- #2854738 by kfolsom: "Allowed Users" Form Not Shown on Client Node Page
- #2850435 by memtkmcc: Empty client email body (D7 compatibility)
- #2849795: Check a variable before running queued tasks, allowing users to pause the queue daemon.
- #2731471 by jon-pugh, ergonlogic, helmo: Skip backup-delete task when we have nothing to delete
- #2846897 by jamesan: Invocation of hook_hosting_TASK_OBJECT_context_options() doesn't pass $task by reference as expected
- #2845040: Allow task_args to be passed from
drush hosting-taskcommand by parsing extra arguments. Adding documentation to hook_drush_command
Changes to Provision since 7.x-3.9
- #2850164 by grimreaper: Detect disabled module on Drupal 8 sites
- #2650290: Search for packages in D8 profiles under subdirs. (Merge branch 'dev/2650290' into 7.x-3.x)
- #2759735 by helmo: Rename apache config files to .conf
- #2850197 by 20th: 'Verify' task fails when module *.info file contains non-UTF-8 symbols
- Make D8 profile paths absolute.
- #2650290: Search for packages in D8 profiles under subdirs.
- Clean up D8 profile search.
- Use new helper function to find legacy profile langs.
- #2650290: Scan for Drupal 8 profiles in subdirectories.
- Split _provision_find_profiles() into version-specific engine includes.
- #2840531 by helmo, colan: Ensure we're dealing with arrays before removing duplicates.
- #2854360 by jsedwick: Renaming site on Migrate doesn't remove old vhost
- #2853184: In the Provision_Config::render_template() method, add drush_command_invoke_all_ref() to create hook_provision_config_variables_alter(), allowing drush files to alter variables right before they are written to templates.
- #2840531 by colan: Hostmaster alias array eventually leads to out-of-memory on Verify
- #2715599 by colan, helmo: Support PHP 7 in Debian package
- #2849593 by 20th: Undefined index: version in packages_7.inc
- #2847422 by memtkmcc: Perfectly good certificate/key is deleted without good reason
- #2843473 by memtkmcc: Nginx: Use Drupal 8 friendly rewrites
- #2838489: Adding @TODO about fixing check for tasks when saving drushrc.php.
- #2838489: Don't write sites/all/drush/drushrc.php after provision-git-clone, so that drush make builds can happen afterwards.
- #2841717 by jamesk: Why block nginx requests with a pair of periods (..) in the query?
- #2836185: Allow "force-reinstall" drush option for "provision-install" command.
Changes to Eldir since 7.x-3.9
Changes to hosting_civicrm since 7.x-3.9
- Merge pull request #14 from nditech/7.x-3.x - Use existing data on packages to determine CiviCRM version.
Changes to Hosting Git since 7.x-3.9
Changes to hosting_remote_import since 7.x-3.9
Changes to Hosting Site Backup Manager since 7.x-3.9
- #2270539 by northstowe: Only daily backups retained, no weeklies or monthlies
- #2619074 by jon-pugh, helmo, memtkmcc, gboudrias: Support exporting D8 backups, but without breaking aegir_backup_export_path
Changes to Aegir Hosting Tasks Extra since 7.x-3.9
- #2812853 by helmo: whitelist IP's for basic auth (Apache only for now)
- #2830562 by grimreaper: Update translations on managed sites
- Hosting_Sync: Use the uri instead of alias name, which is more reliable.
- #2674264 by ybabel, grimreaper: Sync data : No sources are currently available
- The http basic auth submodule has a bug in it's update hook, see #2861220 for a patch.
- When upgrading from Aegir 2.x be aware of these notes
Our combined issue queues